Kia Ora, Kia Orana, Malo e lelei, Talofa lava, Fakalofa lahi atu, Bula Vinaka, Greetings
Dear Parents and Caregivers
We are sending out this communication to provide an update on the COVID-19 case that we alerted you to yesterday.
We currently have three positive cases of COVID-19 linked to BMPS.
All close contacts have been contacted by BMPS and are at home isolating.
If your child has not been identified as a close contact (you were not contacted by BMPS) then your child can continue to come to school.
What We are doing:
- As per Ministry of Education guidelines BMPS will remain open for learning.
- Parents and caregivers will not be allowed on-site except to visit the office for enrolment, uniform and stationery purchases.
- Tamariki from year 4-6 MUST wear a mask (unless they have an exemption).
- Children in Y1-3 do not need to wear a mask but are encouraged to wear one.
- Staff will wear a mask inside and when appropriate outside.
- Tamariki will be in team bubbles.
- Wherever practicable tamariki will be physically distanced from other groups, when inside and outside (recognising incidental contact may be impossible to avoid).
- Tamariki must bring a bottle of water-water fountains are closed.
- Good hygiene and cough and sneeze etiquette will be followed.
- Classrooms will be well ventilated.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected each day.
- Classes/areas being used will be cleaned thoroughly each day.
- There will not be any whole school assemblies.
- Parents/Caregivers can collect their children from outside of the school gates (please ensure that your children know which gate).
- Children must stay at home if they are unwell-see absence procedures below.
What do I do if my child is unwell and is not able to go to school?
Our usual attendance procedures apply. Please leave a message for the Attendance Officer on 092748271
or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your child’s name, class and the reason they are away so that we can code the absence appropriately in our student management system.
As per our normal process, we will follow up on unexplained absences.
What to do if my child is isolating due to exposure outside of school?
Please email email@example.com or ring 092748271, so that we can organise for you to pick up a learning pack for your child.
What to do if my child tests positive for Covid-19?
Most importantly, follow the guidance given by The Ministry of Health. Seek medical attention if your child requires it. When you are able to, inform the school and we will be in touch to find out how we can support you.
What happens if my child becomes unwell at school?
You will be notified to pick them up. If the symptoms relate to covid, siblings will also be sent home.
For tamariki with covid symptoms-they will need to show the school a negative covid result before being allowed to return to school.
Please note that if your child goes to the sickbay because they are unwell, they will be given a mask to wear.
As always, if you or a family member has COVID-19 symptoms, ring Healthline or phone your family doctor for advice.
Symptoms of COVID-19:
- a new or worsening cough
- sneezing and runny nose
- a fever
- temporary loss of smell or altered sense of taste
- a sore throat
- shortness of breath
Less common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, malaise, chest pain, abdominal pain, joint pain, or confusion/irritability. For more information, go to https://covid19.govt.nz/prepare-and-stay-safe/about-covid-19/covid-19-symptoms/
Healthline on 0800 358 5453 twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
To find your local testing station visit Healthpoint
If you have any questions or would like support, please do not hesitate to contact us:
09 274 8271
Thank you for your on-going support.