Bairds Mainfreight Primary School
13th May 2020
Kia Ora, Kia Orana, Malo e Lelei, Talofa Lava, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Greetings,
Thank you for your amazing support during our time in Alert Level 3.
Important Information Regarding Moving to Covid-19 Alert Level 2.
Bairds Mainfreight will reopen at Alert Level 2 for all children, on Monday 18th May.
For the first two weeks in Alert Level 2 the following guidelines will apply at BMPS. We are putting these guidelines in place to keep our children safe from Covid-19 and to avoid the risks of infection. They will also help with contact tracing should that become necessary.
- All children are expected to return to school on the 18th May and arrive between 8.30am and 8.55am.
- The gates will open for children at 8.30am and will be closed at 9.15 am.
- In school the children will be restricted to 3 bubbles (Kiwi, Tui and Kahu).
- The 3 in-school bubbles will have staggered morning tea and lunch breaks.
- No parents/caregivers will be allowed onsite unless they are enrolling children or they are collecting a sick/injured child from the office.
- There will be a staggered home time closure Kahu 2.35, Tui 2.40 and Kiwi at 2.45. Kahu and Tui children can meet their younger siblings under the canopy.
- Parents/Caregivers can collect their children from outside the school gates.
- The tuck shop will be closed so all children must bring a healthy lunch from home.
- Children will take home all wrappers and uneaten food items.
- Scooters Skateboards or Bikes are not allowed at school.
- Children should bring their own water bottle because our drinking fountains will be closed.
- Children must stay at home if they are sick, and will be sent home immediately if they show any Covid- 19 type symptoms.
- SKiDS will be opening in Alert Level 2 - Collecting children from SKiDS must be done at the Leslie Place alleyway gate.
- Bairds Kindergarten will be open and the Kindy staff will contact you about dropping off and picking up children.
BMPS is following the key Public Health approach.
- To minimise the risk that someone gets infected.
- To ensure we can identify and contact anyone who has been in close contact with an infected person.
- To continue good hygiene practices and social distancing.
Bairds Mainfreight Primary School is set in the heart of Otara, Auckland. Our student roll is mainly of Maori and Pasifika decent, reflecting the rich and wonderful cultures of our community.
The school's core business is children's learning. We have top quality teachers who provide teaching and learning experiences to ensure that every student has the opportunity to achieve and to become successful life-long learners.
We are proud of our school, and the wonderful relationship we have with our community. We firmly believe that this home-school partnership ensures quality education for all of our students.
Kia Ora, Kia Orana, Talofa Lava, Malo e Lelei, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Greetings from all of us at Bairds Mainfreight Primary School (BMPS).
I am delighted to be the principal of Bairds Mainfreight and to welcome you all to our school community. Our community is unique in that it includes Mainfreight as our fantastic primary supporter. The rest of the community, parents, teachers, support staff, extended whanau, Board of Trustees and of course the children, are equally amazing.
At Bairds Mainfreight we believe that relationships are the key to successful teaching and learning. Our wonderful teachers and ancillary staff work very hard to make everyone feel welcome and to ensure that our motto, Anything is Possible, is lived out on a daily basis.
I am one of the truly lucky ones who gets out of bed in the morning and genuinely looks forward to getting to work in order to see what will unfold. Feedback from those visiting the school reinforces how fortunate I am to be working this school, where the children work hard, try hard, play hard, and have fun every day.
At BMPS we have high standards and expectations for all our children and an inclusive culture where all children are supported in order to achieve their full potential, educationally, socially, culturally and in sports.
If you are thinking about enrolling your children here please contact the office to arrange a time to come in and meet with one of my team.