BMPS is a Health Promoting School and recognises the importance of eating healthy food. When your child starts at BMPS, we ask that you sign a healthy food policy document. The purpose is to encourage the school community to provide healthy food options for the children at school by prohibiting certain foods and drinks at school.
- All families will be notified about food and drink items that are not allowed at school.
- The school will incorporate Healthy Eating programmes as part of the school's Health Education and Health Promoting Schools programme.
- The following food and drink items are not permitted at BMPS on normal school days:
- Large bags of chips and similar products.
- Any form of fizzy drinks, cans or bottles of juice or similar (milk and water only).
- Any energy or high caffeine drinks.
- Pies that do not have the Healthy tick.
- Fast foods such as McDonalds, Burger King, KFC etc.
- Large cookies or packets of biscuits.
- Chocolate bars or sweets except when provided by the school on special occasions.
If the items above are brought to school they will be confiscated and not returned. A basic alternative lunch will be provided for the child.
The school tuck-shop is a service that is provided at the school. The school makes a concerted effort to ensure that the food offered in the tuck-shop is the healthiest we can provide. Most items on the menu have the Heart Foundation tick or seal of approval.
The tuck-shop is open from 8:00 - 8:55am for children to order their lunches.
Parents are able to order lunches until 9:30am.
Please see the current tuck-shop menu below.