Find all the latest newsletters here
Kia Ora, Kia Orana, Malo e lelei, Talofa lava, Greetings
Important dates for the diary:
- BMPS Literacy day/Book Character Day-Thursday 2nd July.
- BMPS finishes for term two holidays-Friday 3rd July at 1:30pm.
- Term three begins on Monday 20th July-the school gates will open at 8:30am.
- The school office will NOT be open during the two weeks of the school holidays.
- There is a teacher only day on Monday 31st August. BMPS will NOT be open for children.
Reminders for term 3:
- Our current Covid-19 procedures and guidelines will be staying in place until further notice. BMPS is keeping these in place in order to keep our children, staff and community safe. This means that we will continue with the gates opening at 8:30am each day and with no parents on-site. Please note there will also be NO tuckshop operating.
- Lateness and absences. Thank you to all parents/caregivers who ensure that their children are at BMPS when the bell rings for the start of each school day at 8.55am, all children should be on site by then. Some children regularly arrive late and miss out on valuable learning. We ask that you help get your children to school on time every day.
If your child is absent from school, please contact the school office on:
09 274 8271
Please do NOT send a message via FaceBook as this is not monitored.
- Uniforms. This term we have been relaxed about uniforms. From the beginning of term 3 we expect all children to be in the correct BMPS school uniform.
BMPS polo shirts and fleeces can be bought from the school office. We have some sizes of shorts. We suggest you try The Warehouse, Kmart or Postie Plus for navy trousers.
- Water, morning tea and lunches. All children need to bring a bottle of water to school each day. Children can use the water fountains to fill bottles but are not able to drink from them. All children need a HEALTHY morning tea and lunch.
- BMPS is in the process of becoming paperless. This means that we will not be sending paper newsletters home. Instead letters will be sent via email. If you have not already done so, please send your name, your child/children’s name and your email address to: email@example.com
On behalf of all of our staff, thank you for making this term a success. Thank you for supporting your children with their learning during lockdown and for your continued support back at school.
Nga mihi nui.
13th May 2020
Kia Ora, Kia Orana, Malo e Lelei, Talofa Lava, Fakalofa Lahi Atu, Greetings,
Thank you for your amazing support during our time in Alert Level 3.
Important Information Regarding Moving to Covid-19 Alert Level 2.
Bairds Mainfreight will reopen at Alert Level 2 for all children, on Monday 18th May.
For the first two weeks in Alert Level 2 the following guidelines will apply at BMPS. We are putting these guidelines in place to keep our children safe from Covid-19 and to avoid the risks of infection. They will also help with contact tracing should that become necessary.
- All children are expected to return to school on the 18th May and arrive between 8.30am and 8.55am.
- The gates will open for children at 8.30am and will be closed at 9.15 am.
- In school the children will be restricted to 3 bubbles (Kiwi, Tui and Kahu).
- The 3 in-school bubbles will have staggered morning tea and lunch breaks.
- No parents/caregivers will be allowed onsite unless they are enrolling children or they are collecting a sick/injured child from the office.
- There will be a staggered home time closure Kahu 2.35, Tui 2.40 and Kiwi at 2.45. Kahu and Tui children can meet their younger siblings under the canopy.
- Parents/Caregivers can collect their children from outside the school gates.
- The tuck shop will be closed so all children must bring a healthy lunch from home.
- Children will take home all wrappers and uneaten food items.
- Scooters Skateboards or Bikes are not allowed at school.
- Children should bring their own water bottle because our drinking fountains will be closed.
- Children must stay at home if they are sick, and will be sent home immediately if they show any Covid- 19 type symptoms.
- SKiDS will be opening in Alert Level 2 - Collecting children from SKiDS must be done at the Leslie Place alleyway gate.
- Bairds Kindergarten will be open and the Kindy staff will contact you about dropping off and picking up children.
BMPS is following the key Public Health approach.
- To minimise the risk that someone gets infected.
- To ensure we can identify and contact anyone who has been in close contact with an infected person.
- To continue good hygiene practices and social distancing.